Sun, 14 October 2012
In this episode of the How to Program with Java podcast, we will talk about what Syntax is in the Java programming language, and why it's the toughest part of learning the language. Also, we'll talk about some tools that will make your life easier, especially when it comes to syntax!
Wed, 3 October 2012
This episode of the How to Program with Java podcast talks about Data Structures. How they are used in Java, why they are important and when to use them. Examples of Data Structures: List, Map and Set.
Wed, 26 September 2012
Wiki: A control structure is a block of programming that analyzes variables and chooses a direction in which to go based on given parameters. The term flow control details the direction the program takes (which way program control “flows”). Hence it is the basic decision-making process in computing; flow controldetermines how a computer will respond when given certain conditions and parameters.
-describe it in more human terms
- code read LINE BY LINE from top to bottom, and for the most part left to right) - CODE FLOW
- choose your own adventure... only you can have loops
- computer has a decision to make
- What are the different kinds of control structures
- IF statements
- Do While
Contact me with any questions here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri, 21 September 2012
Fundamentals of Programming with Java
- All programming languages share common traits
- What is a variable?
- cryptic, here's what it really means:
- if you go to a website, website asks for your name, you type it in, boom that's a variable
Variables have Types
- String - store a regular sentence (alphanumeric - numbers and letters)
Tue, 18 September 2012
Here's episode 1 of the How to Program with Java Podcast. I'm very excited to kick off this podcast and can't wait to see where this journey takes me!
Who am I?
- Trevor Page
- 29 Years old
- I Live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What do I do for a living?
- Senior Software Engineer / Product Development Lead
What is this podcast about?
- Helping people
- Compliments website http://howtoprogramwithjava.com
Here are the links I mention in the episode: