Wed, 26 September 2012
Wiki: A control structure is a block of programming that analyzes variables and chooses a direction in which to go based on given parameters. The term flow control details the direction the program takes (which way program control “flows”). Hence it is the basic decision-making process in computing; flow controldetermines how a computer will respond when given certain conditions and parameters.
-describe it in more human terms
- code read LINE BY LINE from top to bottom, and for the most part left to right) - CODE FLOW
- choose your own adventure... only you can have loops
- computer has a decision to make
- What are the different kinds of control structures
- IF statements
- Do While
Contact me with any questions here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri, 21 September 2012
Fundamentals of Programming with Java
- All programming languages share common traits
- What is a variable?
- cryptic, here's what it really means:
- if you go to a website, website asks for your name, you type it in, boom that's a variable
Variables have Types
- String - store a regular sentence (alphanumeric - numbers and letters)
Tue, 18 September 2012
Here's episode 1 of the How to Program with Java Podcast. I'm very excited to kick off this podcast and can't wait to see where this journey takes me!
Who am I?
- Trevor Page
- 29 Years old
- I Live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What do I do for a living?
- Senior Software Engineer / Product Development Lead
What is this podcast about?
- Helping people
- Compliments website http://howtoprogramwithjava.com
Here are the links I mention in the episode: